Monday, October 1, 2012

Millénaire/Yogbox


Firstly, this is written before I try out the YogBox, and is what I have gathered with a little research.
Millénaire is a mod I have played before and love. It is the predecessor to the vanilla villages, and is far more complicated. The mod started out by adding the normans, who are a people that make their homes in forests and woodland areas. They require the player's help to gather resources to build up their village. You can sell many kinds of items to the village, in exchange for money, which can then be used to buy new food, other blocks, or some new weapons. More recently, there have been more kinds of villages added, the aztecs and the desert people. Many stand-alone buildings were also added. These are often like temples or bandit hideouts (the real games takes lots of idea from this mod). I have not played it in a while, but it is always been one of my favorites.
Another new mod is the twilight forest mod. It seems to add a new dimension (like the nether) to the game, only this one is all forest. It actually seems kind of cool, like improved-fireless nether.
Also added are airships. I once tried to get this mod, but could not make it work. It seems kind of fun, because it adds many awesome vehicles.
There also seems to be one called 'minecolony' which is very similar to Millénaire.
There also seems to be a whole bunch of stuff that is just there to improve some things. for example, there is now a shelf, which allows you to see the items you put into its chestlyness.
Apparently you also gain a hell of a lot more xp. The number I read was 5x, but I haven't looked to closely.
The mod seems to have had EE in it once, which allows everything for free after a bit. this is kind of annoying, but at the same time it makes the game much more not-endless-mining-ful.

So, after trying it out, I got angry at it and quit. I wanted to try the twilight forest, but for some reason it doesn't want to work at all. Anyways, before that I had to do everything else. This is Yogbox.
When I spawned I was in a massive building, with lapis and gold and iron blocks as the floor. So i ran outside, got a stone pickaxe, and mined all the stinking blocks. So day  one ended with me having a few stacks of each iron gold, and lapis blocks. Then I go outside. I sprint around like a crazy person, looking to see whats new. Amongst the Mo'Creatures and vanilla beasties, there were weird glowing flying thingys. So I went up and whacked one, and it started zapping me. Low and behold, there is a new thing that gives hearts depending on your level, so I had the starting three. I died. However, I also kept everything, and respawned back in the now-empty starting building. Next I decided to find a Millénaire village. This didn't take long, but the one I found was an Aztec one, and I wanted Norman. So I kept running until I found a weird mountain fortress thing. I invaded it, and killed everyone in it. I got some assorted somewhat useful stuff. Then I kept looking for a village. The next thing I found was a massive tower. Underneath it was a massive labyrinth of rooms that was actually kind of cool. I died a few times, and it was a nuisance until I placed a bed. The beginning was a simple dungeon crawl, kill the monsters and destroy the spawners, then check the chests. It was not until the end that cool stuff started showing up. I found a room full of buttons, so I figured one opened a piston door. I pressed the wrong one though, because the roof exploded and water tried to drown me. All that happened was I was pushed backwards, and after I plugged up the ceiling, I smashed the wall until I found the door. There was another ones of these later on, but no water trap for some reason. The trap that got me good was a lava one. I was in a 1x2 hallway, and saw a pressure plate in front of me. I scoffed at it, and went up to break it. I did not see the plate at my feet, and the pistons pushed the floor away, leaving me to fall into a lava pit. The boss was really annoying. He had a bazillion and one hearts, and spawned enderzombies. I managed to kick his ass with a steel battleaxe though. The rom he was in had a ridiculous amount of artifacts, which are for the Thaumcraft mod, which I still don't understand.
Finally, I found a Norman village. I built myself a nice netherbrick and stone house (no cheating involved *wink*) and got a massive amount of cobble and stone to sell to them. I then sat back, watched them upgrade stuff, and played with my grappling gun thing from the dungeon crawl. I wish that they would make a quarry, so I don't have to keep giving them the hundreds and hundreds of stone they need. On the plus side, their place is starting to shape up. They have a massive fort in the middle, and a merchant house (no merchant though) a inn, a blacksmith (I think) a couple wood cutters, a carpenter, and a pig farm. Also a fountain that keeps freezing. They have recently started making all the wooden buildings into their fancy wood building things. It means that their village looks cool. After that, I spent a couple hours trying to get to the twilight forest, but it didn't work at all. Then I quit and tried yelling at the server host to fix the server. He still hasn't.

Finally! The server is back up! I have started my project of many blast doors in my elevator shaft, to protect against the inevitable global thermonuclear war.

No comments:

Post a Comment