Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mine Own Server


I had some extra time yesterday, and so I felt compelled to try making my own server. It was nowhere near as difficult to do as I had thought. After I set it up, I wanted to give my person a whole lot of items, so I wouldn't have to go to all the work I had to deal with before. However, the /give command was only available to use by admins, and I was not a admin. Of course, after making myself a admin, it still would not work. So I spent a couple hours trying to make this work, and still have not been successful. After a while of this I got pissed and just made a single player creative world. then I filled some chests with every item ever. Then I took the save files and made them the server world, and after running around was able to find where I had put the chests. So now I have an island full of items, and all that is left to do is choose between another volcano fortress or an island castle. If I make a new place, I have to come up with a few designs. This means image browsing :D
Maybe a awesome spaceship? Way back when on the Vanilla server me and one of my friends tried to make a flying saucer base. It did not work to well, because vanilla doesn't have the necessary cool stuff. With Tekkit it might work though... 
I don't have the focus for it, but a massive estate full of many buildings would be sweet. I one tried to make something like this, but got pissed at it after a while and blew most of the world up. This would defiantly be the best idea, but it would also be the most difficult and time consuming to make. 
Another idea that I have done before, make the Isengard tower from Lord of the Rings. I made one of these once, although I did not keep it for long. I am unsure about making a tower tho, because it can be very hard to fit all my stuff in the small floors. I've had them before and regretted it. Maybe it could be the centerpiece of the previous idea.
Another idea would be to have a dock-like base. This would probably work out well,  because the place that all the items are in is right on the water, making it conveniently located. Perhaps this idea could combine withe the second one. This would all be so much easier if I did it all on creative. Maybe I could single-play the base and then re-upload it. That might actually be the best idea.
Lastly, a tree house would be cool. I have gotten very adapt at making these, as I had around 4 made on the vanilla server. They are so useful, you are off the ground so creepers don't spawn on you, and you can see for miles around. The one problem is the flammability....

No comments:

Post a Comment