Friday, October 5, 2012

MC #5 (after a long, long wait)


So somewhat during my attempts to get good at BF3, I started a few minor projects on the Minecraft server. Firstly, I started to build a nice castle on top of my volcano, as a monument to figuring out where its is. The first thing I had to do on this was to clear all the stupid snow I put up there, then make the floor. Clearing all the snow was far harder. Then the foundation had to be made. After this it was just building up for the walls. The next step was to make floors. Around this point I decided that this should be a castle ruin. I debated over wether I should build it to look like a ruin, or build it then blow it up. I figure blow it up, cause I get to play with TnT.  Annoyingly, the material I was using seems to be fairly blast resistant, so I used all the TnT I had on me, and then still had to break some by hand. This created a very ruined looking castle. I think I might make it the designated guest house, to show how people are not welcome. I also made a lighthouse-thing on top of the ruin. It reminds me of the lighthouse I designed when it was a Vanilla server. I had a massive nether-brick tower, with many floors, and I made the roof have a cart-driven lighthouse, which could be seen for chunks all around. It broke once, when I had to go up to check why it was no longer working, and discovered that the minecart track was covered in hostile mobs. The creepers blew most of it up.

I realized how much easier lighthouses would be in tekkit. There is a item that sends out a signal after a amount of time, and that removes the need for the minecart. The wires mean it can be much more condensed. The new lights mean that it can be way brighter. So I built one, although the shape of the tower I had meant it lights up kind of weird, as well as looking awkward. So it might get exploded as well. 
The castle on top, plus my new dragon skull as the entrance
Also, I have started my full scale-defenses. This means a forcefield with a massive amount of energy going into it, cause its gonna surround the whole base. I haven't done the math yet but I think it will require its own couple floors to be added onto the base... I also improved my door-forcefield. It now zaps anyone dumb enough to touch the glowing red door. I also built a camo-adapter for it, so I can make it look like something else. Although it can't be any of the stuff I want it to be. Glass might work, or diamond blocks...
The Lapis Blocks are actually a zappy forcefield
There are been a few other ideas that I am considering attempting. The first it that I want to upgrade the subway from the server host's base to mine, because as it is, its much faster to fly then take the minecart.  This would require crafting many, many HV rails, with look like a total nuisance to craft. Of course, I could use my auto-crafting room to make them for me. They still require steel though, and steel takes ages to make no matter what. I recently expanded my steel making area though, so it should be 3x as fast. This means 48 steel every few days, when I check it, rather then only 16.

Anyways, the auto-crafting room was hinted at in an earlier Minecraft post, and now it is completed. It is not too big, but it is tall and empty. I figured it would be a great place to put all of my automatic stuff that requires lots of pipework, instead of what I had before where all the pipes blocked my door. Now I can put all of my auto-crafting stuff in one room. I am also thinking of building some of the pipes into the walls, to save even more space. This room also has a lighting technique that I stole from the nuker, where it has a warehouse effect, with all the lights lighting up at different times. It is kind of silly tho, because it goes around in a circle. It still looks kind of neat tho. UPDATE- I did put all the auto-crafters around, and put the piping behind the walls. However, it is not quite as clever as I had hoped, but I guess its all good if it works.

Finally, I had some fun running around with my red-matter pickaxe/hammer/shovel-in-one. It is so easy to get endless piles of ores with it. I spent maybe 15 minutes, and had a full inventory of ores. Of course, I don't really need a full inventory of ores, sooooo.
As I may or may not have mentioned before, the server host has a underwater base that seems kind of boring. However, while installing a teleporter into it, cause I want one there, I discovered...something...under the sand. I tried digging around the massive redstone & piston contraption, but was unable to find anything except more redstone and pistons. There must be something there, so I figure I can do some more looking while I am testing the teleporter. Also, the tele is a nuisance. Due to the massive distance it has to send me, and all the additional factors (armour and items, apparently) the power cost to send me is enormous. I hooked up a few geothermal generators (my favorite kind) and hopefully they will build up enough power. I hooked them into a MFSU, the most powerful energy storage device in the world, it can blow your head clean off. It holds 10 million energy units, which I hope will be enough for more then one transport. Doing a rough calculation, I will need from 750,000 EU to 1,000,000 EU. At about 800 EU/second this means it needs... 15 minutes minimum to charge for one teleport. So it should be capable of a couple 'ports by now. After testing it once, I found that it does work :D

My newest idea for a big project is to make my elevator shaft completely nuke-proof. This will involve making lots of motors to open/ close door that are going to be 5x5. The most difficult bit will be making the energy sources, because they require a type of energy that is not used much, except for this and making the materials to make this. And figuring out how to close it after opening it, because the motors seem one way...

No comments:

Post a Comment