Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In the mean times....


Well, its been the next best thing to two (or is it three) weeks since the server was fully up and running. There was one happy day when it was back up and working perfectly. Then the next day it was running for a bit, then it crashed. I figured it was some chunk error or somesuch, and didn't think too much of it. The next time I log on (Friday) it takes five minutes to load, and the game is running so slowly it is impossible to do anything. I change all of my settings to run the fastest possible, but it makes no change. Long and short, the server is down while being up >(
This has caused me to have to think about ways to solve this. Once upon a time I tried making my own server, as I have a fairly powerful computer that I am sure could handle it. It was not a problem in the least to run, but I could not make it accessible from other computers. Apparently I have to do a crapload of editing to both the system settings, mess with config files, and that is just to make it run for me. The hard/impossible to do bit is 'forwarding' my IP, so other people/computers can connect to the server. If it worked, I could have another server to play on, and maybe find a way to make it run on all the computers in the house without needing a account and password. I will have more updates about this at a later point if I manage to get such a server to run. Or if the damn one we have now ever works.

On the plus side, my elevator now is protected by a massive forcefield that also prevents most of my house from ever getting nuked. Even with a hundred million of them. Although that would probably result in lag worse then the server has now.

Another plus to having my own server would be that I can grief all I want. I can blow everything I ever wanted up, and piss off everyone ever on the server. Without nukes though, cause thats just uncool. I would probably ban red matter armour and gem armour, if I could figure out how, so that combat is a bit fairer.

No comments:

Post a Comment