Monday, October 22, 2012

My Pet Annoyance


Sigh. Yet once again the server is down. I had so many hopes on things to do this weekend. Instead, I was stuck doing all sorts of random, boring stuff in REAL LIFE. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Anyways, Saturday I went to Best Buy, and got my pet annoyance, aka sister, a minecraft account. They sell game cards that you can redeem, which saved me time and effort. After fighting with it until we got her account to work, we started a new world. It is in Minecraft 1.3.2, not Tekkit, but at the same time I haven't played much at this new update, so it is mostly a new experience. Speaking of which, some ores drop xp now! I gained over 15 levels while mining. Then I ran into lava, but whatever. The server we play on uses the new LAN addition, so it is just a single player world that we move around. I keep moving it back to my computer, which I put SPC on (single player commands), and therefore I can just get back all the stuff I lost. The last thing I did recently was build myself most of a house. It is two floors, although the walls are mostly glass. I have a second floor window that is about 20 blocks long. There are also two random towers that come out of it. The next thing(s) I am going to do are make a treasure room, and also finish my garden. Also, SPC means I can copy some of the buildings that make up the nearby village, and make more villagers! And now I can trade with them for stuff, so yeah!
I am going to hate making the treasure chamber. It will be a button that moves the floor with a piston, but I suck with redstone, so this may actually be very difficult to do. This is one of the parts of tekkit I really love, how much easier it is to do stuff with redstone power. Also, all the chests are so small! I only used crystal and diamond chests on the Tekkit server, which hold 3-4 times as much stuff. Also, I can't condense anything! I have to actually get everything by hand. Except not, because I have SPC.

Anyways, I was trying to teach my annoyance the basics, but she was kind of difficult. I did the proper thing, and set up a nice hut on top of a mountain for the first night. I got some food and other crap and set up my base. Then I SPCed a massive area full of mycellium, and filled it with animals. My sister, after spending a couple days running around to make a house, decided she was going to make a cake. I was trying to get her to learn the basics of mining, but she was far more interested in not. While making her cake, and I was not on, she managed to cause creepers to blow half of my place up. I had a nice cocoa farm, wheat farm, and animal farm, but she managed to break most of it. This led to me making my new house, by the village. I may give her my old house, which is near her compound of 3 houses. She keeps upgrading, but is too lazy to break the house. It was also funny watching her in combat. She got owned really badly. Hopefully later I will be able to teach her how to survive properly, and then we can move onto Tekkit.

No comments:

Post a Comment