Monday, October 15, 2012

Back to the Old Server


Anyways, as I have angrily mentioned in many earlier posts the main server has been down/running extremely laggy. Over the last couple weeks I have slowly tried to fix the problem. At first I though it was the massive quarries that I have, so I spent ages going to all the effort to shut them down. I made a condenser and put everything into it, making uranium because it is fairly expensive. This was a great way to show just how bad the lag was, because it kept condensing a couple stacks, then glitching them back and disappearing the new uranium. One time that I logged in another person was on the server, and they informed me that it was only laggy once I logged on, and I figured that that meant it was some part of my base.
At long last I decided it must be part of my boat, after flying around and seeing which chunks took the longest to load. It was pretty obvious when the boat chunk took around 10 minutes to fully load. Then I decided the only solution was to blow up the boat. That idea went out the window once I realized that the only explosives I had were nukes, cause I wanted to keep my base. So instead I shot lava balls at the place, but those did not even render. I managed to get into the boat and attempted to put lava in there. Then I reloaded the game, because the lava wasn't lava-ing.
When the game was slowly rendering, I saw a bazillion items floating on the ground in front of me. After everything loaded, I realized that all those items were under one of the chests. I happened to have a black hole ring (sucks all nearby items into my inventory) which I turned on, and then got close enough to grab it. There was easily 50 stacks of crap, and before too long I had almost filled up all of my alchemy bags. After I picked all it up, the game had started running a little faster, but it was still laggy. I figured that meant that there was a least one more pile. I started smashing the hull, and suddenly found another pile! I picked it all up and BAM no more lag!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy days! Then everything caught up, and half the boat burned how after the lava ball from forever ago spawned and caught up with real time. So now there is no more lag and only half a boat. The moral of this story? Quarries into condensers, not chests.  Anyways, now I can update previous posts with pictures and write something new. And open my goddam forcefield so I can get into my goddam base sheesh.
The Evil Boat of Lagging Death


No comments:

Post a Comment