Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mine Own Server- World Design


I was following up on a few ideas on what I should make the server like. First I tried making it all by hand in creative, but I got pissed after not even making a full wall. Then I spent a while browsing thru downloadable maps made by other people that had massive castles. I found many that were very crappy, and I tried out and did not like. Finally I found one I could stand: Kargeth. For Your viewing please, I present pictures of the world before I edit it. 

The harbor has a few of these massive ships of it. I think there are three in the main harbor and a couple more at other places. Kargeth city also has a massive ship factory. 

This is a picture of the town in general. I think that building in the middle is the church, which is one of the biggest buildings on the map. To the left is the watchtower hub, which is by far the biggest building around. 
A random part the place that I don't recognize. It may be from the new update, which I didn't realize existed until I had already started modding the city to fit my needs. 
A random shot taken from the top of a one of the ships in the harbor, on a warm summer morning.
This is my house. Although it looks remarkably different. On my server, Kargeth is under a evil rule by mineself, so my house had to be changed to basalt brick walls and nether brick roofs. It is taking forever, and I have been doing some clean-up on the messy halls inside. I prefer space to fanciness. Once the conversion is completed, I will take a picture of it. I also will see what is up with the new one, and if there is a way to combine them while keeping my upgrades.
The other bigish house in the background is some manor or another that I haven't explored. In fact, I really don't know anything about anything on this map. I've only gone into a few houses, and I've flown along all the roads to see the outlying towns. There are massive wheat fields all around, so I will never starve to death. if I survive the creepers, zombies and skellys that walk the streets. My house keeps filling up with creepers around every corner, spidys in the basement (where there is a portal that looks really intense) and... more creepers. I will have to make sure that it is well lit before moving it to the SMP server. I also broke all of the flags around, because I don't like them. I also replaced the massive banner on the watchtower to a more demonic-looking flag. So its a black creeper face on a red background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment