Thursday, October 18, 2012

Auto Crafting Room Remodeling


After going back to my solar array generator, I went to see how much stuff I could make. I had a couple stacks of generators, and after hooking it all up made a hole lot of low solar arrays. SAdly, all these only made me a few medium voltage arrays, but there wasn't even enough to make one HV solar array. So I decided I had to make a nice, clear, easy to use system. Now I have completely upgraded the room, adding condensers to the wall so that I can easily get the infinite materials I need into the auto-crafting tables. I also made the third row into a furnace row, so the stuff I condense can become materials that cannot be condensed, like refined iron.
This is the tables themselves, which right now the whole set of them is pumping out generators. The pipes leading into the tables are now diamonds ones, so if I want I can redirect the stuff to skip a table, like what is around table three in the picture.
Also, ignore the chest on top of a condenser, that was for making furnaces before I realized furnaces had a EMC cost, and therefore that bit was useless.

Much more awesome is the wall of epic stuff. It was cleverly arranged with much time and effort so that each row corresponds to a crafting table, so the first row only goes to the first table, the second only to the second, and so on. the only problem is that the output is always pumping, so the extra crap in the condensers will be pumped out also. There is a downside, Which is that it does not take long for the table to become full, as it doesn't feel it necessary to distribute them into a nice, sensible pattern. So there is probably a bazillion random pieces of junk floating around.  I may try to make my trash out pump be more expansive, and go to the entire floor so there is never any junk laying around. As it is, the pump, that doesn't really get anything so I have to do it all by hand, pumps into a condenser that is supposed to make crap. It needs to be modified to work better, though.

From the Outside 
Because I had nothing better to do, I also took a whole bunch of pictures of the nuker's base. It is a complete mess, although he seems to be doing more or less the same thing, making solar panels. I am just far by far more organized about it. I actually visited him while he was doing some work on his ones, and it was kind of funny to watch him make the parts by hand. Especially when he broke the chest all the stuff was in and he had to pick it all up. His place is ridiculously massive, but it is really sad  how cramped the place is. Plus most of his place is just empty space, he only has a couple floors made out of all the ones he could. He also gave up on the paneling on the outside, after most of it got stripped off when a nuke went off too close.
His messy base, nowhere near as neat as mine
Some of his crap doesn't even make sense, like the three glowstone arrays below. They don't do anything at all, I don't think.

The only thing he has I don't is a automatic sorter
Also the mysterious secret tunnel in the server host's base. After I had set up my amazing teleporter, I realized that it would be much more awesome to have put the teleporter at the bottom of this hole. I may move it someday, but it is not a pressing matter at all. In fact, this would probably be a better use then the one right now, cause its not being used for ANYTHING!
Closed
Open


No comments:

Post a Comment