Friday, September 28, 2012

Minecraft 4

Well, I was going to make another post about the server, but annoyingly the server was down, and I couldn't get any of the pictures I wanted. After being bored for a bit, I tried making a single-player, world, Bu then decided I didn't want to go to all the effort of doing stuff. After spawning creepers for a bit, I decided to try another mod pack that comes with the Tekkit pack -Technic. Technic is kind of like   Tekkit, it just is designed for single-player. Over my Minecrafting time, I had tried many mods, and was surprised to find a lot of them in the technic pack. My favorite mod ever used to be part of the pack, but no longer is.
Technic, like I said, has all the same mods as Tekkit, just more. The only one I know what it does is the Mo'Creatures Mod, which adds a billion trillion more mobs, hostile and not. After spawning in a new world, I started off by cheating so I could fly. Then I started exploring the endless snowy forest. In the first  minute I met a tiger, which killed me. Then I flew far, far away, and when it got dark I hid in a tree. However, a rat somehow managed to get on the tree, and knocked me off into the rest of the swarm, and a creeper. I died again. The third time I decided to kill all them by nuking the forest. I set off about 4, but then there was no place to build a house... I flew around a bit, and saw a new type of tree-the silver wood tree. These are apparently used in the thermocraft or somesuch mod. I have not started trying this one, so I don't know what is going on. I also got mugged by a purple slime, which didn't kill me. After a time I found a swamp, and built myself a simple shack of basalt and nether brick, admist the snakes and scorpions. After building it, I tried to shoot them all with my cannon, but all it did was put holes in my nice swampy yard. I had some fun running around, killing lots of the new mobs, and got some snake eggs, fur, croc skin, and some other stuff. I got to try dynamite, crossbows, flails, and a warhammer. The diamond warhammer is awesome.
I also got lots of pets. You can have lots of horses, pet dolphins, pet cats, and I think pet snakes. I had lots of all of these, but the way I set up my house they could not get in, and as a result they all got murdered to death by the evil wolf outside my house. This is really all I have to say, so I guess I'll just post lotsa pictures that aren't mine of Mo' Creatures.
Check Your Shoes
These guys are all around my house, and are really scary. They vary in size, but most of them are massive. A person is about as tall at its tail in this picture.
Where Wolf?
 There are now werewolfs, which are scary as shit, and impossible to kill. In the standalone version of the mod, gold is the only thing that can hurt them (and gold makes garbage weapons). Technic has silver though, so those maybe those can make anti-wolf weapons.
Jaws, Minecraft Style
 A new reason to always make extra boats-the shark eats you if you land in the water. And because its the ocean, it is hard to escape in time....

Gator
 These are kind of dumb animals. They sit in swamps, and walk at you really slowly when you hi them. Their skin makes armour, but its not any better then leather.
Meat on legs
 Its huntin' season in minecraft. Grab your musket and sword, we're off to get some of the finest venison in the whole world.
Super Horsey
 This is the most boss horse in the mod, which you have to get by breeding lots of other horses together. If you feed it redstone, it lights everything on fire as it runs :D Or at least thats how it used to be. It looks like there have been lots of updates since. And they finally fixed the problem with bringing little critter on the horse, so it doesn't cause explosions and death and millions of creepers spawning in your basement.
WTF
This one is new to me. I think its an ostrich, if I find one I'll kill it and see what happens.
Hes a big, mean, green fighting machine!

 Orges are fun, their attacks destroy lots of blocks. They are kind of like a reusable creeper. It can be really scary when there is one under you, who starts smashing the platform you are standing on.
TURTLES!!!!!
These guys are so much fun. You can turn them upside down and laugh at them trying to turn back over.
OOOoooooOOOOooooo
Wraiths are another really annoying mob. They are fairly powerful, and are kind of like a overworld blaze. What is even more annoying is the noise they make. If there is one outside your window, it is very loud an will drive you insane.
Kitty!
Cats are one of the most docile, friendly, not evil mobs added. They are even better then turtles, because you can make them into pets, so they follow you around (similar to vanilla wolves mechanic). Apparently the litter box (cats are difficult to maintain)  pisses off all hostile mobs, so they all attack it like idiots. There are also big kitties (lion, tigers and...bears later) which are really dangerous and aggressive. Theoretically you can tame the cubs, but don't even try without armour.

The bears are not all that exciting. I think they are only aggressive if you attack them.

Another new one to me is snakes, which are kind of cool from what I've seen. They slither around almost everywhere, and when you kill em they drop snake eggs. You place these eggs or something, and then a baby snake hatches. Then you can pick up the snake and it will wrap itself around you. I have a massive boa, and and trying to grow a whole bunch of others.

Another friendly mob is birds. They chirp and tweet around in forests, and feeding them seeds friends them. Then you can wear them on your head, and they let you glide along, so jumping off a cliff does no damage and gives lots of horizontal movement.

Dolphins also are trainable, and you can ride em after feeding them fish. They are like really fast boats, although if you don't feed them enough when you try to ride you get sent flying off into the sunset.
There are also fish, but they don't do anything. They might work with the fishing rod, but I don't know. there are piraƱas though....

There are goats, which eat all those pesky items you don't want and throw away with 'q.' Sometimes they eat that diamond pick you accidentally drop though...

As I was looking up some of the changes made to the game, I found that there is another mod pack, Yogbox, which looks like it is much simpler. Instead of adding all these machines and scary crap, It just makes more vanilla stuff. So it has weapon mods, mo'creatures, and various world-enhcnment mods. (Like Millienaire! More on that next!)

No comments:

Post a Comment