Monday, September 17, 2012

#4: My Not-Nuked Home


Before I add the other pictures that were not posted on the last post, there is another story to tell.
This weekend was uneventful for almost everyone on the server, and so more of us were on then had been in a long time. Firstly, the nuke-maker managed to blow his house up. After this, he started making a new one which is actually kind of cool, it is a factory/skyscraper design. 
This was the first time playing for one guy, and so we were all going over to his house to pester him annoyingly with all of our awesome stuff. I came over with my laser gun (mining tool, thats totally what I mean by gun) and shot a couple trees, covered his hut in snow, and wished him a merry nuke-mas, and gave him one. After this, I was starting to fly away, when I saw the nukerer placing a wall of nukes behind the new guy's house. Being the nice person I am, I attempted to brake all the nukes. However, it seems as though shooting a nuke with a laser gun doesn't brake it, it sets it off. To summarize, the house is now at the very bottom of a crater that goes all the way down to bedrock. 


Anyways, more pictures. 

The Entrance
This is the entry hall to my base, which is helpfully located inside a volcano. The door, due to my lack-of-skill with redstone, is just a forcefield. The torches and glowstone seen on this picture have since been replaced with tekkit lamps, which I call florescent lights. 

The Elevator
This is the elevator shaft, which is supposed to use minecarts to go up and down the vertical rails. Everyone on the server can fly and not take falling damage, so we just jump. This means most of this is useless, but too frikin bad. 

My Workspace
The problem with this is that I could not get a picture that showed the whole ground level, so this is the only one I am posting. On the left is a whole bunch of Industrialcraft (one of the Tekkit mods) machines, and then the right has my furnaces and crafting bench. Behind me are three massive diamond-generators, which are making Red Matter instead.

UU Matter
Going through the door seen in the previous picture, This is my UU matter generators. UU matter can be used to make *almost* anything, including iridium. To my right is my extra-scrap-converter-into-not-so-useful-items system. 

Portal and Liquids
 This room, Sublevel 1-A, Originally was a fuel generating room. Then my engines overheated and blew it all up, so this is the reincarnation of the room. I have actually made more fuel then I have any use for, so currently it just sits here. The extra space has been remade into my portal room. Behind me is a water pump, and to my right is...

The Bar
The Bar! We have the finest brews, from lite beer to blackened dragonblood, and a cow to add milk to your coffee! UPDATE: Sadly, in a effort to prevent break-ins, the cow was brutally murdered.  Each drink now for the low, low price of 5 stacks of diamonds! (and its funny cause we can easily afford that)

Crops
One of the Tekkit mods ands many new types of crops. However, they are a complete and utter nuisance. Of all the parts of the mods, this is the most annoying and time-consuming. The left hand picture is of my hops and coffee farm, both of which are used in all of your brewing needs. The right is everything else, cocoa plants, resin plants, redstone plants, and terra-wart plants. 
My Mutant-Chicken Farm
Yes. I have a nuclear reactor. In fact, I have two. The other is right behind me. In my original design, these were the key components and power sources of my base. However, I made another system that never needs refilling, so these don't get much use. Also, they are hidden on top of bedrock, surrounded by explosion-proof stone, and have auto-cooldown timers. As you can tell, I realllllllyyyy don't want my base blowing up. 

Also, as a side note, while I was working on my door and my new project room, I discovered that someone had infiltrated my base! There was an additional redstone setup in my door, which allowed one it to be opened! Even worse, down in the base proper, I found someone's sneakily hidden room. It was cleverly hidden, and allowed people to hide in my base and dow whatever they want! I am trying to come up with the perfect defense system, but it is very hard....

Next up: New TVs and Battlefield 3

No comments:

Post a Comment