Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tekkit....Lite Continued


As a follow up to my previous post about the new Tekkit Lite, I have done some more research into the mods involved. Contrary to my previous statement about Mystcraft, it is actually a funny variation of a biome generator thing. It allows you to make books that can teleport you to another 'age' which is a kind of instance world. I have not done any experimenting with this mod, but it seems like it is a cross between a awesome way to regenerate resources and a total nuisance. When spawning in an 'age' you appear close to a star rift or something that you can go through to return to the normal world. Also, the instance world is not permanent. There is some kind of death block of doom, which slowly expands and destroys the instance world until it is all gone.
Factiorization is... well I haven't really checked. It appears to be very similar to IC2, just with more machines that do more things. Again, I have not had time to do much experimenting with this mod, although I will be in the nearish future. It does crazy stuff with power, having many power sources like those in IC2, only I don't know how to make them work.
Update, looking at this some more, I have discovered that there are some more things that this mod added. It added a 'packager,' which auto crafts all you extra crap into blocks (s iron ingots into iron block, lapis into lapis blocks, etc). I like this items, it seems like it will very quickly become very useful (you wind up with so much extra items in Tekkit...). There is also 'the maker,' which is better at its job than the packager. But they do the same thing. It has yet another form of electricity, so great even more crap to deal with. Hopefully there will be a converter build so I can make my geothermal energy into Factorization energy. There is another furnace, but is is worse than making dust, so I'm never going to do anything. A key feature of this mod is that it adds barrels, which hold tons of items.
EE3 is rubbish. there is an update which I have not gotten yet, but currently it doesn't work, so therefore is rubbish.
The previous mod that added turtles and computers has been expanded, there is now a few more computer blocks and tons and tons of different turtle. I am not good at making them work, they use something like CMD in game, but I can make it dance.
Bluelectiricty or whatever it is called has been improved a bit. There is now a couple new ways to make power, and a couple more uses for them. This is another thing I have not done much with, mostly because it was useless during the original Tekkit.
Steve's carts add more minecart that can do lots of fun stuff. It appears as if there is enough awesome stuff that this will make the annoyance of railcraft worth the while.

No comments:

Post a Comment